Supreme Court of the United States; all Pennsylvania Appellate and Common Pleas Courts and U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
Mr. Alpern, a native Pittsburgher, has been engaged in active civil trial practice since his admission to the State and Federal Courts in 1970. Starting out in a defense firm in Pittsburgh, Chuck acquired extensive trial experience on automobile and property related personal injury claims, insurance matters and in medical and legal malpractice cases. In 1979, Chuck joined a large regional defense firm, where he continued to try multiple cases, concentrating on the medical malpractice cases. Then, in 1985, Chuck started his own firm, where his trial work was now expanded practice to include plaintiffs' personal injury cases, insurance coverage claims and contract litigation. To this day, Chuck continues to represent both plaintiff and defendant litigants.
In 2006, Chuck joined forces with Richard Schubert, forming AlpernSchubert P.C., where he and Richard continue their small firm practices, with the added benefit of being able to combine their years of trial practice and experience.
Mr. Alpern has been a member of the prestigious Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County since 1990, a professional organization open to only the top 250 trial lawyers (out of more than 8,000 lawyers in Allegheny County) selected by their peers, after obtaining recommendations from judges and trial lawyers who were familiar with Chuck's qualifications and experience. Chuck has served on numerous committees at the Academy and the Allegheny County Bar Association, including the Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee. Additionally, he has been recognized as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer by Pennsylvania Magazine in 2007 and 2008.
During Mr. Alpern's nearly thirty years of practice, he has successfully represented both plaintiffs and defendants, and in doing so has earned an excellent reputation for integrity, thoroughness and fairness throughout the Western Pennsylvania legal community, as shown by his selection by other attorneys and judges in more than 900 matters, including uninsured and underinsured motorists arbitrations, mass tort litigation, mediations, and private arbitrations of Common Pleas and Federal District Court cases.
- Personal Injury
- Contract Cases
- Medical Malpractice
- Insurance Coverage Claims
- Mediation & Arbitration
- Pennsylvania, 1970
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 1970
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1984
- Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County, 1990 to Present
- Long Range Planning Committee
- Court Liaison Committee
- Federal Arbitration Panel
- Allegheny County Bar Association, 1970 to Present
- Alternative Dispute Resolutions Committee
- Civil Litigation Committee
- Insurance Committee
- Solo and Small Firm Practitioners Section
- Jury Voir Dire (Selection) Committee
- Pennsylvania State Bar Association, 1970 to Present
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, 1990 to Present
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, 1990 to Present
- Former Member: Society of Hospital Attorneys for Western Pennsylvania
- Of Counsel
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 1970
- University of Rochester, Rochester, New York
- B.A. - 1969